Sunday, November 26, 2017

Christmas markets and Palmier Biscuits

Hello everyone!! As we, at the Baking Students, are starting to get ready for the Christmas month, we  went to the Christmas markets and went iceskating to get into the festive cheer. 

Iulia and I iceskating!!!!!

Iulia and I relaxing before continuing iceskating 
Meeting together at the Christmas markets. Here are the Baking Students for this academic year :D 
A while ago I had purchased the ingredients to make Palmier biscuits, and I finally had some free time, so I decided to go ahead and make them (even though we are going through two cakes at the moment). 
Preparing the table for making rough puff pastry on a lovely sunny, cold day. 
I am able to start baking again!!! YES :D 
Cutting the cubes of butter 
Measuring strong bread flour
Adding water and bringing it all together into some sort of dough
Rolling the dough out to start folding in the butter 
Moving it around 
I really enjoy making pastry ;) 
I then had to put the pastry into the fridge and fold the pastry in rotations. After the pastry looked like the butter was mixed in well enough, I rolled it out on the parchment paper. The recipe then said to roll out the marzipan and place it on top.

Making the cinnamon sugar to sprinkle over the pastry and marzipan
Rolling the pastry before the oven
Out of the oven!!!
They look like butterflies <3 
Quoting Sixian and Iulia: "the pastry is too sweet" ;) But they are both biased, not liking things too sweet. haha. It reminded me a lot of some pastries I have back in Finland. 

As the weather is getting colder, the festive cheer is getting louder and we are all starting to wonder what we will make for our Christmas Secret Santa evening. Hmm, I am think Christmas pudding with custard. Let's see what I actually have time for ;) 

From all the Baking Students I hope you are enjoying this season of cheer!!

The Baking Students 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment