Monday, September 11, 2017

Peach Bellini Macaroons

This was a long way in the planning!! I have been at home in Helsinki, Finland, and my brother and I had planned for AGES to make macaroons together. I think it started when we used to, Harri still does, watch every single episode of Masterchef Australia, loving watching the stress of all the contestants having difficulty piping the macaroons and then all of them eventually crashing down from a perfect Croque En Bouche. Oh the joys of Masterchef Australia ;)

Before I had left Edinburgh I had taken a photo of the macaroon recipe and the Peach Bellini recipe, since the cookbook was way too heavy for me to take with me on the plane. I had warned Harri that this would be the time when we would make them, finally. I was so excited!!

The day came, more like the next morning, after we had had difficulty finding almond meal ;)

Separating the egg whites from the yolk
Mixing the almond meal (that we finally found) with the icing sugar 
We made the templates for the size of the macaroons the night before 
Our lovely kitchen in Helsinki <3
Harri measuring the castor sugar for the Italian meringue
Mixing half the egg whites into the almond meal. There was not a misunderstanding with the measurements and we did not do anything without measuring ;) No ... 
Making the Italian Meringue 
Mixing the other half of the egg whites

We then stirred in the yellow food colouring. I wanted to put in a lot this time since the colour did not work out that well last time ;) 
Piping the macaroons
Our piping bag. We had a slight problem with the tip being too small
Oh dear, the difficulties of baking :o 
So ... we decided to make our own piping bags from baking paper. It is really quite simple actually!! 
Finished piping the final batch!! Now to let it develop a skin :D
The used baking paper piping bags
While the macaroons went in the oven, one tray at a time, I started making the peach puree

The cooked macaroons. Do they look yellow, or is just the golden colour from baking? ;) 
We then also made buttercream, with butter, icing sugar and Prosecco, and piped it in a circle around the inside of the macaroon. We then put in the centre the peach puree
The final product!!
I am now heading back to Edinburgh to meet the Baking Students again :D 

Till next bake,

Laura from The Baking Students xx

No comments:

Post a Comment